Privileged Critters Animal Hospital
Requirements to obtain an Official Health Certificate
It is SUGGESTED that you for the pre-Health Certificate fecal a week before you want an appointment. The charge is only $15.00 for the litter and can be done with mixed fecal material from all puppies. This will save you money if your pets do not pass the fecal test upon their Exam (see below).
It is SUGGESTED for you to de-worm at 2-4-6 weeks. You can purchase a wormer from Privileged Critters or use your own products.
Health Certificates cost $65.00. EACH puppy/Kitten will get a full Veterinarian exam, a fecal check, de-worming, nail trim (if needed) Bordetella, DHPP (dogs) Vaccine (FVRCP for cats) and the written Health Certificate.
By law, a Puppy/Kitten must be 8 weeks old at the time the Health Certificate is written.
- By law, an FIvFelv Test is required for cats to receive a health certificate. The charge for this test is an additional $36.00.
- By law, a heartworm test is required if you are selling a dog that is over 6-months old. The charge for this test is an additional $24.00.
- A non-refundable deposit of ½ of the total will be due prior to reserving an appointment. This deposit is forfeited if you are a no call/no show – if you reschedule a minimum of 24 hours in advance, you will receive a cancellation number and the deposit will go toward your next visit. You must speak to a person, leaving a message is not a valid cancellation. Full payment for Health Certificates is due on your first visit.
- If your puppy/kitten fails the Health Certificate because of parasites, you will not receive a Health Certificate that day. Please bring your pet in free of fleas and flea dirt and wormed at least one week prior to your appointment.
- If positive, you will be required to get another fecal after treatment/de-worming ($15.00 each). No health cert is issued until the puppy/kitten has a clear fecal.
- If a clear fecal is done within one week of the original exam you will not be required to pay for another exam and the HC will be issued.
- If you do not return within a week of the first exam, a “Re-check” exam will be required at the cost of $20 for each pup/kitten.
- Any abnormalities, deformities or hereditary conditions will be noted on the Health Certificate.
If your puppy/kitten is not sold within 30 days of receipt of a Health Certificate, the Health Certificate is invalid and
additional vaccine boosters are required. A Health Certificate re-certification is $45.00
(includes all listed services plus an second DHPP (dogs) or FVRCP (cat) vaccine.
By law, your puppy/kitten will need a Rabies Vaccination because your pet will be over 3-months old. This will be provided for an additional cost of $15. There is no exception to this unless, at the Veterinarian’s discretion, it is not in the best interest of your puppy.
If you have any questions, please ask the front desk receptionists. We are here to serve you! Prices valid as of 9/15/2019.